Facebook Instagram Youtube Youtube Twitter Official Website of the Cathedral of Seville Only Official Site

The Cathedral

DISCOVER EVERY CORNER OF SEVILLE CATHEDRAL: ITS HISTORY, ITS HERITAGE, ITS MUSIC.

THE LARGEST GOTHIC CATHEDRAL IN THE WORLD

A JEWEL OF
HUMANITY

A melting pot of cultures.

Fusion of styles; Almohade, Mudejar, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque…

The Orange Tree Courtyard

Former sahn of the mosque, it has been greatly renovated by its successive restorations during the Christian era.

The Chapter and Columbian Library

The most important of the city of Seville with more than 100,000 volumes collected over the centuries.

The Giralda

Bell tower of the Cathedral and undisputed symbol of Seville. Above it the Giraldillo, a sculpture that represents the triumph of Faith.

High Altarpiece

It presides over the presbytery of the Main Chapel and is considered the largest in Christendom.

The Choir

Located in the Crucero area just in front of the Main Chapel. It houses the imposing and majestic organ.

Chapter Hall

One of the most admirable enclosures of Spanish Renaissance architecture. It houses a magnificent series of works by Murillo commissioned to the painter in 1667.

Main Sacristy

Renaissance construction built in the 16th century and the main sacristy of the Cathedral. Its dome depicts the Last Judgment.

St. Andrew's Chapel

A place for prayer and to silently visualize one of the greatest works of universal sacred art, the Christ of Clemency.

Christopher Columbus

It has been in the Cathedral since 1899. The sculptural group was conceived as a funeral procession with four heralds.

Chapel of the Virgin of Antigua

Next to the Royal Chapel, the most important of the Cathedral. It presides over a representation of the Virgin of Antigua from the end of the 14th century.

San Antonio Chapel

In the middle of the 17th century it became a baptismal chapel. Highlights include the large central Renaissance font and two important paintings by Murillo.

Jubilee Altar

Colossal silver Eucharistic altar from the end of the 17th century used for extraordinary liturgical celebrations of the Blessed Sacrament.
BUY
TICKETS